(Ctrl+F is a great tool)
- What is the price of renting a space
On Mondays and Tuesdays, it’s free! It’s $20 an hour for Wednesdays and Thursdays and $30 an hour Friday through Sunday. We do also require a 3 hour minimum for paid parties.
- Does this price include my bar tab
No, this is simply to book the room itself. All parties must spend at least $200 at the bar between all of their guests the day of the party. This can be done on one tab or individual tabs. There’s an automatic 20% Gratuity added to all single tab parties.
- Are there any other fees due when booking?
We ask for a $100 Incidental Deposit. This is to help ensure the fun and safety of our guests in the brewery. 100% of it is refunded to you after your event assuming all goes well with the party.
- How could I lose the Incidental Deposit?
There are really only a few things we’re sticklers about:
- Bringing outside beverages (especially alcohol) onto the premises, including our parking lot.
- Bringing in confetti or glitter, even in balloons.
- Damaging our murals or any West Side Brewing property.
- Multiple warnings from our staff about the behavior of your group.
- Moving tables without moving them back.
- How long will it take to receive a response once I fill out the Private Event Request Form?
Our response times are pretty quick. We will respond to your event request within 48 hours. However, weekends are quite busy for us. If you put in an event request on a Friday evening, you may not see a response until Monday morning.
- Let’s say I inquired about a space. Will you hold that space for me while I figure out details with co-hosts?
After receiving our initial inquiry, that space is yours for 72 hours after the Taproom Manager responds to you. Once that time period has passed, we can’t guarantee that the same date and time will be available.
- How many people fit in each space?
The Private Party Room accommodates 50 people. Both the Beer Hall- Tanks and Beer Hall- Barrels spaces are able to accommodate between 60-70 people.
- What if I want to book more than one room?
You absolutely can. We do ask that you hit the cap for one room before booking a second. If you want to book all three spaces, your party must have a minimum of 125 people.
- Can I bring in food or have food catered?
Absolutely! We only ask that all food is prepared before you arrive. Please feel free to ask for catering recommendations or how to support local food trucks and restaurants.
- Am I able to bring in drinks for kids?
We do not allow any outside beverages at West Side Brewing. This is to help ensure outside alcohol is not brought onto the premises. We have soft drinks available for purchase individually or by the pitcher.
- Are kids allowed in the taproom?
Yes, we are only 21 and up after 9:30. We do ask that guests under 21 stay within the party area. We also do not allow running around the taproom, as we’ve had injuries in the past. Please feel free to bring games or anything of the sort.
- What about decorations? I know not to bring in confetti or confetti balloons. What can I bring?
As far as decor goes, the world is mostly your oyster. We ask that balloons not only be confetti-free but also preferably tied to something like one of the tables. We try to avoid having balloons on the ceiling so as to not ruin our fans. P.S. No silly string please!
- Am I able to come in early or stay late to set up or tear down decorations?Unfortunately, no. Please be sure to book for the amount of time you need, including set up and clean up. This helps us with scheduling staff members behind the bar, and we’ll often have parties booked right before or right after yours.
- Where should I tell my guests to park?
We have a small lot behind the building on Ruehlman. There’s also a public lot behind W Bar and Bistro where you can park for $2 per day. If you and your guests show your receipt to the bartender, you’ll get $2 off a beer or cider!
- What drinks do you have besides delicious beer and cider made on location?
We have wine from Revel OTR, NA beer from Athletic Brewing Company, and various liquor options. We can do simple drinks like rum and Coke, but we don’t have the ingredients for a Manhattan. Ask the bartender for suggestions! We also have a rotating beer cocktail. This is always some sort of juice mixed with liquor on tap, and we add ice and beer to it before mixing.
- Am I able to play music or bring in a PA to do announcements?
We have music playing on the taproom speakers, and PAs are only allowed in the Private Room. The only exception to this is if you have all three spaces booked. We ask that volume is kept at a reasonable level, as we will always have other guests in the taproom. We want to be respectful of their experience as well. If the volume is too high, the bartender will let you know.
- I don’t see any TVs in the Beer Hall. Are we allowed to bring our own?
Unfortunately, no. Great news, however! There’s a projector in the Beer Hall that shows major sporting events. This projector is also available to rent for another $30, but only if the entire Beer Hall is rented.
Private Party Room
(Accommodates approximately 50 people)
Our Private Party Room is a private venue option that allows you to close the doors to have your space separate from the rest of the taproom. If you want to become part of the taproom at any time during your event, just have our bar staff open the garage door to let the noise and vibe of the taproom in! This room has tables with seating for 45 people. You have your own TV so you can broadcast the game you want to watch or play a slide show (via HDMI) to follow your party theme (if you need help setting up the TV or opening the garage door, please ask the bartender). There is a built-in 12 foot serving table on the left side of the room (with a plug) and a new built-in 12 foot table against the back wall of the room.
Beer Hall Tanks
(Accommodates approximately 60 people)
The Beer Hall Tanks area is a semi-private space right in our taproom with views of the brewing tanks. This space includes a 12' long bench style table with 4 or 5 high tops and a smaller 8' picnic-style table for standing and socializing all while looking in on the brew tanks! You are part of the taproom with a view of the big screen so it is a fun, lively environment for your party! There are pallet board room dividers to separate you from the other group.
Beer Hall Barrels
(Accommodates approximately 50 people)
The Beer Hall Barrels area is another semi-private space in our taproom. This space includes a 12' long bench style table with 4 or 5 high tops and a smaller 8' picnic-style table for standing and socializing. There are pallet board room dividers to separate you from the other group. It is a great space if you want your party to be up mingling and circulating with each other! It is right next to the bar and has a view of the big screen if you are looking to watch the big game!